SVQ 5 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice at SCQF level 9 – GK5224
The Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) 5 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice at SCQF level allows candidates to demonstrate competence in job-related skills in their particular area of work and expertise.
This qualification covers areas such as promoting a positive health and safety culture, effective communication systems and policy for health and safety information, developing and maintaining individual and organisational competence as well as controlling risks and reviewing proactive and reactive monitoring systems for health and safety. It also covers developing and implementing emergency response, reviewing systems and procedures, and influencing and keeping pace with improvements in health and safety practice.
To attain the qualification candidates must complete 10 Units of Mandatory Units:
- Promote a positive Health and Safety Culture
- Develop and Implement the Health and Safety Policy
- Develop and Implement Effective Communication Systems for Health and Safety Information
- Develop and Maintain Individual and Organisational Competence in Health and Safety Matters
- Control Health and Safety Risks
- Develop, Implement and Review Proactive Monitoring Systems for Health and Safety
- Develop, Implement and Review Reactive Monitoring Systems for Health and Safety
- Develop and Implement Health and Safety Emergency Response Systems and Procedures
- Develop and Implement Health and Safety Review Systems
- Influence and Keep Pace with Improvements in Health and Safety Practice
Tel: 07904 397485
PTP QUALITY TRAINING
Get in touch
If you'd like to book your NVQ, or require any further information, please click the button on the right to get in touch.